17.10.15

Day 4, part 2.

Saturday, October 17, 15.30


I found water. It is dripping slowly out of the rocks and I am not sure how drinkable it is but my Lifestraw bottle filters poluted water. It takes time to fill it up but any break is welcome, useful time to sit down, connect with and look at the world around me. A dusty mountain road, green bushes, yellow flowers. It gives me time to take care of my body, stretch, inspect my legs that are doing well. Red scratches from last night's roaming through the woods to find a hidden spot for my tent. I could have rolled down my trousers to protect them, the trousers of my 3 piece suit, the suit people think is awkward for walking but it isn't. The jacket hangs from my backpack when it is warm, the QR code clearly visible. The vest has three handy pockets, in one I carry some rosemary I picked yesterday to hide the faint smell of my body, in one I carry my iPod that supplies me with music in difficult walking moments, in the third one I carry some small stones from the Barcelona beach. Sometimes I slide my hand in it to touch the stones.
The trousers have a QR code as well. When you scan it, you land on my blog. I wear them all the way down when it is cold and rolled up when walking. It doesn't matter when they get dirty or torn.
The scratches on my legs are minor wounds. The scars will form a nice pattern with the old ones from former walks.
After taking a look at the world around me I visit the other world, the world you are in now, reading these words. I can access it because I carry an Ipad and a solar panel that works extremely well. I almost didn't get it in time for my walk but thanks to a dear friend, who drove late at night to the depot where they had forgotten to send it off, I can be here at all times. I folded him a small boat on my first walking day. I folded more boats for people who helped me to get started and when there is more time I will post some images.

My bottle is almost full. Time to get back on my feet again. When I stand up I can still see Barcelona in the far distance. It looks like a fata morgana, as blue and see through as the water dripping into my bottle slowly.


No comments:

Post a Comment