20.9.15

Aren't you afraid?



When I am walking in my suit people always ask the same 4 questions. The two first ones are easy. Where do you come from? Where are you going? My answers vary.

The two questions most asked are basically one question. Yes, I am lonely. But not more than I am at home. Not more in cities than I am in nature. Not more among people than I am among trees. So I answer "no". I meet so many people on the road. Some of them become friends for life. But I always carry my solitude in my left pocket. I cherish it. My courage is in the right one. I don't have to search for it.

The question most asked is whether I am not afraid. I never hesitate answering that one. Not when I am walking, not when the world is carrying me.


Today I am afraid. The last week I have been thinking about walking to Paris, to the COP 21, the big Climate Conference. I talked about it with some people, joining forces to be part of Artcop 21, the global festival of cultural activity on climate change. It is a crazy plan. A 1250 km. walk on my own. And if I want to arrive in time I have to leave soon. It scares me because I was planning to stay. To build. To grow. To settle down. But I know the only way to overcome my fear is to just walk. To settle down in the rhytm of my feet. To be slow, to be on the road with all I need, to meet people, to share what I have to share. To not just talk about how we can change the world but to act.

Damn. I have to start packing.


No comments:

Post a Comment