27.5.15

to bake silence you have to burn your words


today i did a short radio interview
i expected questions were going to be asked
but they weren’t

i had two minutes to say something
anything?

anything

so i fiddled with my bag
smoked a cigarette
opened my mouth many times
but only to breath
in
and out

two minutes can be long

how can you be interviewed without any questions being asked?
only by not giving answers

and i didn’t

i talked
i talked like i walked
with detours, forgetting things, finding things

getting lost

and now i am trying to find my way back
i return in my words, what was it i said?
i talked about suits and suitcases
about stories and meetings
about pockets containing memories
about a long journey, a slow one

and the interviewer
or let’s say the man who pushed the recording button
was satisfied
because he hadn’t heard the story before

the story of my life
whereas I had thought about death in the morning
inbetween our first and third breakfast
and i burned my bread in the oven
because i talked too much

i won’t make that mistake again

No comments:

Post a Comment